Friday, March 21, 2003

Haha, got back from Naperville Central to pick up something from Vicky ^^. First time at/in Central, got to wander around the school & "explore," while still trying to not look like an out-of-place 4-years out of high school person ^^;;;. The school layout actually isn't TOO confusing... I've seen worse :P. It seems a lil... cramped. I dunno, like some of the interior hallways weren't well-lit, plus the predominatly red/black/blue color scheme (with the occasional white) made the school seem "smaller" (white/bright colors make a place appear bigger), so it felt like I was walking through tunnels. It's not a bad thing... if... tunnels are your cup o' tea :P. Finally found my way to the gym area where I ran into Ariel & then followed her over to the fieldhouse. Heh, the school actually HAS a "fieldhouse"... my old high school just has the main gym, aux gym, & that's it.

Then I had to find my way BACK through the school to the front parking lot ~_~. Oh what fun. Actually, it sorta is. I actually really do enjoy making school-visits- mainly to be able to talk & interact with students "on their turf"- in an environment outside of church, where their friends are around, etc. etc. All the recent times I've visited a high school was like for concerts & such, where most of the building is empty/locked-down. This was the first time in a long while where I was visiting a high school close enough to dismissal time that a lot of students were still there going about their normal high school business. It was... interesting, being in the midst of it all again. I was resisting the urge to "be a youth worker" and start observing/taking notes about the socio-cultural dimensions of the average high school student ^^;;.

Oh yah, my DDR ignition pads arrived today... the 1-inch thick nice non-slipping pads XD XD. But yah, I don't actually HAVE DDR here ~_~. Well, not really. Josh has a version for the computer I think & also a connector that goes from Playstation input to computer input. Thanks Dan for letting me borrow your PS/konamix to test out my pads. So yea... if any of you youth DDR people want to use those pads, to drop by, etc. I'm open for that. Dunno how long I'll have Dan's PS for, but I'll always have the pads around here.

Mom & Dad won't be coming out this weekend; Dad's agency got an e-mail advising all division employees to postpone any non-essential trips for a month. So they've rescheduled tentatively for Easter-ish to come out here.

Ok. time to go finish some prep stuff for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home