Saturday, November 22, 2003

how am I doing?

physically... tired
emotionally... drained
mentally... confused
spiritually... learning

which do you want to know about first? :P
I suppose that's why that question has been hard to answer when people have asked me

Jesus I thank you for music... for giving me the skill to play... the piano in the house to play on... the repository of songs in my memory... the Psalms in Scripture
Spent the past 1/2 hour at the piano in the dark... playing/pounding, worshipping... praying, crying, being still...
Music calls my soul to be in a different place... the notes and keys express my heart... it's as second-nature as breathing. And sometimes expresses them in ways words cannot. I don't have many words... when you're tired, drained, confused, it's hard to know where to begin a sentence, how to word it, and what your point is. And I guess that's why music works... music just "flows"...one note follows another, but you're making it up as you go...

Prayer grounds you... reminds you of truth... points you back to God. Yet there are still the wounds & hurts & frustrations that remain to be dealt with. Prayer gives me a better context to deal with them; but they still have to be dealt with

I feel like my soul's been wounded in these past few weeks; and wounds are wounds, nothing overly spiritual about it, and wounds- physical or not- need to be healed.

Still is hard to smile... hard to find community or to pour anything out... but I know God is gracious, that He is there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home