Thursday, May 08, 2003

Alright, I figure that if I don't blog now, I'm gonna lose my readers :P (if I haven't lost them all already). These unintentional periods of silence are usually exactly that- unintentional. I suppose that last week I didn't blog mostly because I needed time to work on my sermon & other assorted tasks. This week, I've spent most of my mornings and afternoons either at Wheaton, or going to Barnes & Noble. I dunno, I guess I find being cooped up at home not a god place to be... too stale. This morning, had breakfast with Diane; good to catch up.

Wheaton's graduation is this weekend. Feels strange, because this is "my class"- the ones I should be graduating with if I didn't graduate early as I did. I've gotten the opportunity to talk with some of the members of the senior class & to reflect/reminisce. I remember still our freshman year together... the joys, the discoveries, the "drama". How friendships formed & grew (though in some cases, fell apart) over the course of 3 years. It's a strange feeling, to hear what everyone has planned for the summer and beyond. Truly a chapter is closing, and most of us are moving off into different directions to follow what we believe & hope to be God's next step for our lives. I suppose it'll hit after May, when most of the people I know well will be actually leaving & good-byes will be said then.

Picked up the new Rich Mullins CD/DVD release of some of his live stuff. That guy... amazing pianist & musician; even more amazing Christian, as one who loved the Lord in such a simple, yet profound way.

Also picked up the 3-book set by E.B. White, including my childhood favorite... Charlotte's Web, starring Wilbur the talking pig. My favorite book as a kid... fun to be able to read it again.

Dad's out in Romania on missions. I feel bad for mom... she's home by herself. And this'll be the first Mother's Day where I'm not going to be at home- and dad won't be back home yet either ;_;.

Joyce, Tracey, & Megan are all graduating this Sunday... I need to find graduation gifts ~_~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home